What ISSB Wants from You?
At ISSB, the experts search for ready and motivated candidates who can posibbly finish the PMA, PAF and PN Academy successfully as other commissioned officers do.
The Selection Board looks for many things like;
- Clear & Creative thinking.
- Perform better even under presure, stress and strain.
- While being calm.
- Abilities to work with others which elaborate team skills.
- Willingness to perform certain task irrespective of the difficulty level.
- Being honest in all you do.
- Straighforward and take things easy (i.e when you be frank, limitations are always to be taken into account).
The things which Selection Board don’t require;
- Lack of consideration by displaying rashness.
- Lacking interest or excitement.
- Lacking courage, physical strength and good health.
- Being over-conscious.
- Flase projection or superficial behavior.
How To Get Recommended by ISSB?
Important Tips & Tricks To Get Recommended by ISSB
As you know about the ISSB Routine the candidates under go three examination processes:
- Psychological (tested by ISSB psychologist)
- Physical Tests (tested by ISSB GTO)
- Intellectual Tests and GK (tested by ISSB deputy president)
In order to get recommended by the ISSB, a candidate need to get recommendation votes in at least 2 of the examination tests, one of which should be the psychologist’s vote. If let’s say a candidate gets recommended by GTO and Deputy president but psychologist opposes the candidate, ISSB will not “recommend” that candidate.
The Qualities Required During ISSB
- Appearance is something which shows a person’s pride and other idividuals can observe many things out of it.
- There is a famous saying
To be an officer look like an officer and act like an officer.
- In order to look like an officer, try to be hygienically clean, have a good sense about what you wear.
- In order to act like an officer try to build some of the characterstics such as, honesty, integrity, courageoussness, committedness, passionate, a good sense of interacting with other’s and be humble. .
- Self-confidence is an attitude about your skills and abilities. It means you accept and trust yourself and have a sense of control in your life. You know your strengths and weakness well, and have a positive view of yourself. You set realistic expectations and goals, communicate assertively, and can handle criticism.
- Self-confidence and maturity are largely the product of experience. You can strengthen these qualities by participating in-group activities, taking on responsibility and exercising independence.
- Expression is the act of expressing something i.e your thought, feelings etc, the methods could be different such as speech, writing etc, or it’s the way someone’s face looks that shows emotions and feelings.
- The Selection Board looks for candidates with good expression, may it be Urdu or English, clear direction, a good vocabulary and sense of grammar. Try to develop these by joining in debates and group discussions.
- Academic ability is the degree of competence in educational activities.
- Good academic results mean you will be good at absorbing the training of advanced and sophisticated equipment. Make your English and Mathematics sound.
- Leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act toward achieving a common goal. It means influecing sub-ordinates with a strategy to meet the certain needs.
- If you possess the above qualities, you will have a greater potential for leadership training. Try and seek out positions of responsibility in academic, youth, social or sports activities.
- Fitness is the state of being physically fit and healthy. Being fit not only means physical health, but emotional and mental health, too. It defines every aspect of your health. Smart eating and active living are fundamental to fitness.
- Take adequate physical exercise in the run up before you report at the ISSB.
- You should be convincing and sincere in your reasons for wanting to join armed forces. Make sure you really know for what and why you are applying.
- The experts usually look for people with an awareness of the world around them, and an interest in military matters. Discuss current affairs and defence issues with your parents, teachers and friends and keep yourself updated with good newspapers.
Practice the following Qualities in order to be Recommended in ISSB
The above all mentioned values are somehow described above.