Candidates appearing for any test that consists Verabl Intelligence Tests can learn how to solve it, by preparing the following different types of Verbal Intelligence Tests.
Different Types of Verbal Intelligence Tests
Following are the 20 Types of Verbal Intelligence Tests which are used to test the inborn mental efficiency or the capacity to react favourably or find solutions to problems of an unfamiliar and novel nature.
6th: Coding Decoding Tests
In this test Coding & Decoding is done using some of the undermentioned techniques
Letter Coding/Decoding: The letters/alphabets of a word are replaced by other particular letters/aplhabets using a common rule. Candidates are required to know the
Next letter of alphabet is code.
Fourth letter of the alphabet is code.
Each preceding letter of the alphabet is code.
The second preceding letter of the alphabet is code.
Moreover, the rules can be judged by finding the pattern of given questions.
(1) If PAK is coded as QBL then WAR is coded as :
(1) In order to code PAK the succeeding letter is use such as, Q successes L, B successes A & K successes L.
Similarly, for WAR. X successes W, B successes A & S successes R.
The vise versa is used in order to decode.
Number Coding/Decoding: The letters/alphabets are assigned with corresponding alphabetic position or the numerical code value is assigned to a word.
(1) If DOG is coded as 4157 then FOG is coded as : (According to the corresponding alphabetic position)
(2) If LAHORE us coded as 592648 & CAT is coded as 193 then CLEAR will be coded as : (According to the numerical code value)
(1) The corresponding alphabetic position of D is 4, O is 15 and G is 7. Therefore, the corresponding alphabetic position of F is 6, O is 15 and G is 7.
(2) The numerical code value of L is 5, A is 9, H is 2, O is 6, R is 4, E is 8, C is 1 and T is 3.
Therefore, the numerical code value of CLEAR will be 15894.
Substitution of Words: This test comprises code names of particular words, names, places etc. Candidates are required to answer the question in coded language.
(1) If orange is called butter, butter is called soap, soap is called ink, ink is called honey and honey is called orange, which of the following is used for filling a pen?
(1) As Ink is called as Honey. So, the Honey would be used to fill the pen.