Eligibility Criteria for Pakistan Army | Technical Cadet Course
- Education: FSc (Pre Engineering) – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences with minimum 65% marks or ‘O’ level passed (English being compulsory) in five subjects and ‘A’ level passed in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences in Grade A-C.
- Candidates possessing qualifications such as ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etc will be required to obtain Equivalence Certificate and conversion of marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Ministry of Education, Islamabad and attach it with application form along with ‘A’ level passed in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Studies / Computer Sciences essentially in Grade A-C.
- Candidates who have passed FSc Part-I Examination with minimum 65% marks and appeared / are appearing in FSc Part-II / Final Examination can also apply on “HOPE Certificates” duly issued by Head of the institution. However, such candidates must submit their FSc Part-II roll no and name of Education Board along with photocopy of roll no slip to GHQ, PA Directorate (PA-3b), Rawalpindi. FSc final result cards / mark sheets must be submitted within one week of the announcement of FSc Board results, otherwise candidates will not be considered in final merit.
- Candidates who have passed FSc in Computer Sciences can apply for Computer Software Engineering only.
- Age:17 – 21 years (relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limit).
- Maritial Status:Unmarried.
- Nationality:Citizens of Pakistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistan.
- Physical Standards:
- Minimum Height: 5′ – 4″ (162.5 cm)
- Weight: As per the Body Mass Index (BMI).
Note:Read the Latest Advertisement as requirements changes.
Ineligibility Criteria for Pakistan Army Technical Cadet Course
- Twice rejected by ISSB / GHQ / NHQ / AHQ Selection Board or once rejected by ISSB and once rejected by GHQ / NHQ / AHQ Selection Board.
- Withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college / institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Dismissed / removed / debarred from Govt Services including Armed Forces.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (Such candidates cannot request for appearance in AMB).
- Declared medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Diploma Holders.
- Those studying in any of the Armed Forces Institutions / Academies or nominated against reserve defence quota seats / studying as Paying Cadets in any of the Armed Forces Technical Colleges.
Technicl Cadet Course Registration & Prelimminary Selection Procedure:
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs) Following procedure will be adopted. Following procedure will be adopted:-
- Registration Through Internet:A candidate can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet for which an individual should have e-mail account. Candidate will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along all documents mentioned in para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
- Registration at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs):The candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no alongwith necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. The candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
- Note:The Technical Cadet Course (TCC) candidates who apply for PMA L/C will also be considered as Repeater Candidates.
Technical Cadet Course Initial / Preliminary Selection & Tests
- Intelligence / AcademicTests: Candidates declared successful in intelligence test, will undergo academic test, based on multiple choice questions (MCQs) from English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences (Only for Computer Science students).
Candidates declared successful in academic tests, will undergo physical tests at AS&RCs.
- Physical Tests: The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-
- 1.6 Km Run — 8 minutes.
- Push Ups — 15 repetitions in 2 minutes.
- Sit Ups — 20 repetitions in 2 minutes.
- Chin Ups — 3 repetitions in 2 minutes.
- Ditch Crossing — 7’.4” x 7’.4” and 4’ deep.
- Medical Test / Interview:Successful candidates will undergo initial medical test and will be interviewed at AS&RC and short listed for ISSB test.
Furthermore, Successful candidates will receive notice for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letter.
- Further Selection:Only shortlisted candidates will be called for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letters. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs.
Final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance. Allocation of disciplines will be made on merit cum choice basis. Decision of GHQ in allotment of disciplines will be final and no representation or request for change in allotted discipline will be entertained.
Technical Cadet Course Acedmic Disciplines / Departments
- Civil Engineering.
- ElectricalTelecommunication Engineering.
- Computer Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Institutions (NUST):
- Military College of Engineering, Risalpur (Discipline Para ‘1’ is done here).
- Military College of Signals, Rawalpindi (Discipline Para ‘2’ & ‘3’ is done here)
- College of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Rawalpindi (Discipline Para ‘4’, ‘5’, ‘6’ & ‘7’ is done here)
- College of Aeronautical Engineering, Risalpur (Discipline Para ‘8’ is done here)
Technical Cadet Course Priority of Disciplines:
Priority of choices of discipline written / given by candidates in application forms will not be changed. Therefore, due deliberation must be given prior to endorsing priority of choices of discipline.
Technical Cadet Course Degree Programme:
04 Years Degree Programme
Technical Cadet Course Military Training:
After obtaining Bachelor of Engineering Degree, cadets will undergo one year military training at PMA Kakul.
Technical Cadet Course Documents Required at Army Selection & Recruitment Centers
Following documents / certificates are required at the time of registration:-
- Original Certificate / Detailed Mark Sheet of Matric / FSc / Equivalent certificate. In case of ‘O’ Level / ’A’ Level, submission of Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC is mandatory.
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) for 18 years and above or Computerized Form “B” along with CNIC of Father or Guardian for candidates less than 18 years of age.
- One set of attested photocopies of both sides of above mentioned documents.
- 3 x Coloured photographs attested by Principal / Class-1 Gazetted Officer (1 x front & 2 x back).
- Original as well as 3 x photocopies of ISSB “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter are also required (for Repeater Candidates only).
Cadets are required to sign surety bond in duplicate, to serve the Army for minimum 13 years on a stamp paper worth Rs.100/- duly countersigned by Magistrate / Notary Public / Oath Commissioner.