Eligibility Criteria for Medical Cadet Course
- FSc (Pre Medical) with minimum 70% marks or ‘A’ level passed in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with minimum grade C .
- Candidates having domicile of Balochistan, Sind (DistrictTharparkar, Omar Kot), Northern Areas, Azad Kashmir (Upper Neelam Valley) and FATA can apply with 65% marks.
- Candidates possessing foreign qualifications such as “O’ Level and ‘A’ level etc will be required to obtain Equivalence Certificate and conversion of marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Ministry of Education, Islamabad and attach it with application form.
- Candidates who have passed FSc Part-I Examination with minimum 70% marks and appeared/are appearing in FSc Part-II/ Final Examination can also apply on “Hope Certificates” by the Head of the institutions. Such candidates must deposit an attested copy of FSc Part II Certificate/ Mark Sheets to PA Directorate (PA-3C) GHQ Rwp within 5 days of announcement of result; otherwise their selection will not be processed further.
- Age:17 – 21 years (relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limit).
- Maritial Status:Unmarried.
- Nationality:Citizen of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / GilgitBaltistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
- Physical Standards:
- Minimum Height: 5′ – 4″ (162.5 cm)
- Weight: As per the Body Mass Index (BMI).
Note:Read the Latest Advertisement as requirements changes.
Ineligibility Criteria for Medical Cadet Course
- “Not Recommended” twice by ISSB/GHQ Selection Board.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (Such candidates cannot request for appearance in AMB).
- Enrolled cadets and recruits withdrawn/ resigned/discharged/ dismissed from Armed Foces (Army, Navy and Air Force) training academies/ institutions on the grounds of discipline, character, medical, inefficiency, weak profile, own request or declared unsuitable.
- An individual dismissed/ removed form any other government service.
Medical Cadet Course Registration & Prelimminary Selection Procedure:
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs) Following procedure will be adopted. Following procedure will be adopted:-
- Registration Through Internet:A candidate can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet for which an individual should have e-mail account. Candidate will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along all documents mentioned in para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
- Registration at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs):The candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no alongwith necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. The candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
- Important Points:
- Provincial Entry Test:Candidates who apply for admission as Medical Cadet (for Army only) in AM College Rwp, CMH Lhr Med College, Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences, CMH Multan Medical College, Karachi Institute of Medical Sciences Must have registered/ appeared themselves in any fresh provincial entry test as eligible (UHS, ETEA, MCAT, NUMS, AJ&K Stte exam etc).
- Candidate must mention the name of College for which applying (Army Medical College Rwp or CMH Lhr Medical College) at the top of Application form (page 1). Candidate can also opt for Colleges priority wise.
- During the registration on internet, the candidate must specify this choice for colleges Carefully.
- A candidate selected at merit for one institution shall not be changed.
- Candidate sel for MBBS i any of said medical colleges if not appeared/ registered in their respective regional exams shall stand ineligible.
Medical Cadet Course Initial / Preliminary Selection & Tests
- Intelligence / AcademicTests: Candidates declared successful in intelligence test, will undergo academic test, based on multiple choice questions (MCQs) from English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences (Only for Computer Science students).
Candidates declared successful in academic tests, will undergo physical tests at AS&RCs.
- Physical Tests: The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-
- 1.6 Km Run — 8 minutes.
- Push Ups — 15 repetitions in 2 minutes.
- Sit Ups — 20 repetitions in 2 minutes.
- Chin Ups — 3 repetitions in 2 minutes.
- Ditch Crossing — 7’.4” x 7’.4” and 4’ deep.
- Medical Test / Interview:Successful candidates will undergo initial medical test and will be interviewed at AS&RC and short listed for ISSB test.
Furthermore, Successful candidates will receive notice for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letter.
- Further Selection:Only shortlisted candidates will be called for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letters. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs.
Final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance. Allocation of disciplines will be made on merit cum choice basis. Decision of GHQ in allotment of disciplines will be final and no representation or request for change in allotted discipline will be entertained.
Medical Cadet Course Acedmic Disciplines / Institutions / Military Training
- BDS Course
- Institutions (NUST):
- 5 Years study at Army Medical Colleges Rawalpindi, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi& Multan.
- 4 Years study at Army Medical College Rawalpindi
Medical Cadet Course Military Training:
- 22 x Weeks Basic Military Training (BMT) at PMA Kakul after completion of final professional examination.
Medical Cadet Course Documents Required at Army Selection & Recruitment Centers
Following documents / certificates are required at the time of registration:-
- 1 x Attested photocopy of Matric certificate. In case of ‘O’ Level/ ‘A’ Level, submission of equivalence certificate issued by IBCC is mandatory.
- 1 x Attested photocopies of computerized CNIC or Form ‘B’ issued by NADRA.
- 1 x Attested photocopies of FSc Part-I (Pre-Medical) details marks cerficate and “Hope” certificate from Principal of college that the candidate will get minimum 70% marks in FSc Part-II Examination.
- Attested passport size photographs must be pasted on Appl form.
- Candidates who have already cleared FSc Part-II (Pre-Medical) will produce 1x attested photocopies of Detail Marks Sheets (DMC).
- Candidates will deposit crossed postal orders of Rs. 100.00 in favour of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi. Pay Order/ Bani Draft will not be accepted.
Finally selected candidates will be required to sign a bond to serve the Army for a minimum period of 13 years. The applicability of bond will commence on completion MBBS Degree Course at respective Medical College.