Pakistan Defense Forces are looking for the candidates who have the maximum of the Officer Like Qualities. There are 15 (OLQ’s) Officer’s Like Qualities that are needed to be there for becoming an Officer in Pakistan Defense Forces.
The OLQ’s are divided into 4 factors which are illustrated below;
FACTOR 01: PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Effective Intelligence:- It includes intelligently solving the problem by answering “WHAT”,”WHY” and “HOW” with “WHEN ” and “WHERE”.
- Reasoning Ability :- Everything you do should have a reason.
- Organizing Ability :- It includes organizing anything within the limited time with available resources for successful result .
- Power of Expression :- One should express himself accurately and clearly.
FACTOR 02: SOCIAL ADJUSTMENT
- Social Adaptability :- It includes ” How to deal with people to make environment stable “.
- Co-Operation :- Give and take policy .
- Sense of Responsibility :- To do everything with discipline and sense of duty.
FACTOR 03: SOCIAL EFFECTIVENESS
- Initiative :- It requires an gut feeling.
- Self Confidence :- Always ready to speak in group .
- Speed of Decision :- Take any decision quickly and stick to it.
- Ability to Influence an Group :- It includes self belief , power of expression and knowledge.
- Liveliness :- Create peaceful waves in mind.
FACTOR 04: DYNAMICS
- Determination :- Just do it ,no matter what.
- Courage :- Take the risk without fear.
- Stamina :- Physical and mental stamina.
These qualities are observed in ISSB via three test. These tests includes;
- In psychology, there are different test to determine the personality of a candidate. These tests include, Sentence Completion Test, Picture story writing, and pointer stories writing tests etc. In these tests, a psychologist observes and examine the thoughts and behavior of a candidates through the personality written tests of a candidates and imagine a personality of a candidates and arrange a interview with candidate to check whether the things which he have imagine about the candidate is true or false.
- Group Testing Officer (Simple we called GTO) is responsible to conduct this test. He observes the candidate practically. He observes the candidates for two days. GTO Tasks include Command Task, Half Group Task, Individual Obstacles and Indoor Tasks ( Group Discussion, Lecturer Topics and Group Planning).
- In ISSB, candidate have a interview with the deputy. Deputy may ask different type of questions to you. These questions may be related to your personal bio-data, family, education and different type of conditioning questions.